The Foundation for Biomedical Research (FBR) is seeking a well-rounded and detail-oriented Communications Specialist with at least 3-5 years of communications, stakeholder engagement, social media, and task management to work closely with a team of direct and indirect personnel focused on providing communications for the organization. This high-growth opportunity will allow the ideal candidate to expand professional communications skills while working on significant initiatives to advance scientific research for both human and animal health. This role reports to the Director of Communications and is located in Washington, DC.
Established in 1981, FBR is the country’s most experienced, trusted, and effective non-profit organization dedicated to improving human and animal health. FBR illuminates the essential role animal testing and research plays in improving health outcomes and defeating diseases in both human and veterinary care.
• Writes content for communications projects including web site, blogs, printed collateral, media and partner outreach, and social media posts.
• Contributes to and supports social and traditional media outreach, content development, and tracking
• Works with FBR team in continuously determining website content and needed revisions throughout the entire communications process
• Researches and implements web-technologies with respect to information gathering on industry- and organization-related topics
• Executes specific tasks and deliverables to ensure team responsiveness to FBR stakeholder needs, high-quality products, timeliness, operational efficiency, and accountability
• Provides project management support and coordinates communication projects from concept through completion
• Undergraduate degree preferably in a communications-related field
• Minimum of 3-5 years of progressively responsible and successful experience in communications roles, with demonstrated results in garnering media attention and safeguarding organization brand, ideally in non-profit or public affairs organizations
• High critical-thinking skills and sensitivity with regard to communications methods, topics, and audience
• Strong organization and time management skills and ability to manage a high volume of detailed work in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills – writing samples are required
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and online communications tools (WordPress, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.)
• Hands-on experience in social media audience engagement and analytics
• An inquisitive mind combined with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude and creative thinking
• Required Education: Bachelors
Send cover letter, resume, and three writing samples to [email protected]. A portfolio (hard-copy or digital) and links to previous work are highly recommended.