Have you seen the Love Animals? Support Animal Research (LASAR) campaign from the Foundation for Biomedical Research? If not, that’s probably because it’s still relatively new and as a nonprofit, FBR doesn’t have a lot of money to advertise it.
Yet it already ranks as one of the most successful public education initiatives in our history! To date:
- More than 50,000 brochures have been printed and distributed.
- Three versions of the PDF – English, Spanish, and French – have been downloaded around the world.
- And an increasing number of supporters are sharing our digital flipbook versions.
To continue this tremendous momentum, your FBR Team has an important announcement.
Presenting the Love Animals Support Animal Research First Ever Photo Contest!
If you have a smartphone, camera, or photo album that makes friends say “awww,” this contest is made for you. You can win bragging rights and CASH!
• 5 lucky LASAR fans will win $50
• 3 luckier LASAR fans will win $100
• 1 luckiest LASAR fan will win $250
What We’re Looking For
They say every picture tells a story. Well, that’s precisely what our panel of esteemed judges will be looking for – the best picture with the best story!
Some examples of pictures they’d like to see:
• “How about a bride kissing her dog at her wedding?”
• “A veteran and his dog, both with physical challenges.”
• “Puppies, kittens, and babies – for me it’s an unbeatable formula!”
Some examples of story ideas they shared:
• “Why’s that bride kissing her dog? Was he saved by animal research?”
• “How has animal research made life better for physically impaired humans and animals?”
• “Puppies, kittens, and babies all reap the benefits of animal research the moment they’re born.”
Five Tips to Increase Your Chances of Winning
To win this contest, you don’t have to be an award-winning photographer or a published author. We simply want to see and read real stories. About real people. And real animals. Here are some quick tips to increase your chances of winning:
- Make sure the photo is high resolution and in focus.
- Avoid using special effects and filters.
- Consider using props. (Look at Pinterest for inspiration.)
- Keep your story to 3 paragraphs or less.
- Enter as many times as you’d like.
The Judging Process
Winners will be decided by a combination of judges’ scores and “Likes” on social media.
• Submit your photo and story to FBR;
• Post your photo to your favorite social media channels and include #LASARPHOTOS;
• After picking the top 20 finalists, FBR will post them for public voting;
• Alert your friends and family and tell them to vote for you!
Contest will begin at 12:01 a.m. EST on Sunday, December 1, 2019 and end at 11:59 p.m. EST on Leap Day (Saturday, February 29, 2020). Final winners will be announced on Monday, March 23, 2020.
As they say on Broadway, “break a leg.”
How to Enter
Please submit your high-resolution photo(s) in JPEG or PNG format to [email protected] Please include the completed consent form (download the release form HERE) along with your photo(s) in order to be considered. Photos submitted without the completed consent form will not be considered for the inaugural LASAR Photo Contest.