Have you seen the Love Animals? Support Animal Research (LASAR) campaign from the Foundation for Biomedical Research? If not, that’s probably because it’s still relatively new and as a nonprofit, FBR doesn’t have a lot of money to advertise it.
Yet it already ranks as the most successful public education initiative in our history!
- More than 50,000 brochures have been printed and distributed.
- Three versions of the PDF – English, Spanish, and French – have been downloaded around the world.
- And an increasing number of supporters are sharing our digital flipbook versions.
To continue this tremendous momentum, your FBR Team has an important announcement.
Presenting the Love Animals Support Animal Research First Ever Photo Contest!
If you love animals and have a camera or smartphone, this contest is made for you. You can win bragging rights and CASH!
• 5 lucky LASAR fans will win $50
• 3 luckier LASAR fans will win $100
• 1 luckiest LASAR fan will win $250
What To Enter
They say every picture tells a story. Well, that’s precisely what we’re looking for – the best picture with the best story!
• A bride – about to walk down the aisle – kisses her dog
• A veteran and his dog, both with physical challenges
• Puppies + Kittens + Babies = An Unbeatable Formula
• Why is the bride kissing her dog? (Perhaps one or both were saved by animal research.)
• How has animal research made life better for physically impaired humans and animals?
• How puppies, kittens, and babies reap the benefits of animal research from the moment they’re born.
Six Tips to Increase Your Chances of Winning
To win this contest, you don’t have to be an award-winning photographer or a published author. We simply want to see and read real stories about real people and real animals. To increase your chances of winning, here are some quick tips:
- Make sure the photo is high resolution and in focus.
- Avoid using special effects and filters.
- Consider using props. (Look at Pinterest for inspiration.)
- Keep your story short. (3 paragraphs or less.)
- Enter as often as you like.
- Vote as often as you like.
The Judging Process
Entries will be judged on originality, creativity, and their “awwww-ness” factor 😉 Winners will be determined by a combination of judges’ scores and “Likes” on social media.
To get started:
• Submit your photo and story to FBR
• Share online with friends and family and include #LASARPHOTOS so the FBR team can easily find it
• After picking the top 20 finalists, we’ll put them on Facebook and Twitter for public voting
• Vote for your favorites (or vote for your own if you’re a finalist!)
Contest begins at 12:01 a.m. EST on Monday, December 9, 2019 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on Leap Day (Saturday, February 29, 2020). Nine lucky winners will be announced on Monday, March 23, 2020.
As they say on Broadway, “Break a leg!”
How to Enter
Please submit your high-resolution photo(s) in JPEG or PNG format to [email protected]. Please include the completed release form (download it here) along with your photo(s) in order to be considered. Photos submitted without a valid release form will not be considered for the inaugural LASAR Photo Contest.
Rules and Regulations
Please review the LASAR Photo Contest Rules and Regulations here.